Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Batch Renaming

Some workflows allow your computer to do all of your renaming for you, when you import. Others force you to do it yourself, manually. While I don't agree with everything Pete Bauer says in this story, I like that he has a clear description of how to batch rename files in PhotoShop.

If you can't, or don't want to, use PhotoShop, I've also used Photo Mechanic. It's available for both PC and Mac systems. It's a little expensive ($150), but it can simplify things, and there is a demo version you can use for 20 days.

I haven't used Aperture, which is made by Apple, but I've heard good things about it. You can get a fully-featured trial version for 30 days. The academic version costs $180. It is more powerful than Photo Mechanic, but it still doesn't (I hear) work as a complete replacement for PhotoShop.

No comments:

Post a Comment